Thrifty Tuesday: DIY Side Tables

I recently discovered this amazing DIY side table on Aubrey + Lindsay's blog.
They purchased the Rast Chest of drawers from Ikea for $29.99 and transformed it.
I am in love.



{image from here}

A little stain, paint, and new hardware and you wouldn't know it was the same piece.



{image from here}

I haven't been able to get this DIY out of my head.
Although I already have bedside tables, I like these better and I love the storage they offer.

So off to Ikea we went!
Frozen yogurt and the swivel wheels on the carts provide the perfect entertainment for toddlers (and husbands).



I couldn't wait to get started!
Yes, there are a million pieces in those boxes!



1/2 an hour later and I have the bases built!
They are ready to be stained.



Aubrey and Lindsay recommended painting the drawers before assembly.
This made it super easy.



I painted one coat of primer and now I am about to apply the paint!


So far so good.
I can't wait to get them finished!

Do you have a great DIY you would like featured?
Send it my way, I would love to see it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment