Textiles Thursday: Modern Jane

 The talented Jane from Modern Jane is here today.
How lucky are we.
I love reading Jane's blog and her home is gorgeous!

Hi there! I'm Modern Jane and I'm thrilled that Danielle asked me to come by today and share some of my favorite textiles from around my home.

I love fabrics, pillows, and curtains. I can get lost in a fabric store or browsing though online fabric sites. My mom rolls her eyes when I head directly to the pillow aisle at Home Sense, in search of that perfect down-filled cushion. I have a collection of fabrics that I have bought out of love, without a project in mind. I'm sure I'll find a spot somewhere, some day to use them!

I want to share some of my favorites from the living room. The back wall has a geometric wallpaper, so most of the textiles in the room are fairly monotone, solid colors, as to avoid too much contrast in pattern.


I love the contrast of the nubby cream pillows with the raw silk blue ones.
The furry brown pillow is quite possible the softest thing I've ever felt.


I picked up this chair, and its twin, from a local motel and had them reupholstered in a soft blue fabric.
I added some flirty cream felt pillows (Which are magnets for dog hair, but are too cute to replace yet!)


This chair is the second dose of pattern in the room. I found the chair at a local vintage store and had it reupholstered in this fun floral fabric. It's an indoor/outdoor fabric, so it should withstand lots of use!
A furry cream pillow found a home on that one.
And just in case you think that I'm scared of pattern...
check out the couch in my office:)


and the roman shades in my bedroom.


I love color and pattern too!
Danielle - Thanks so much for having me today!
I hope you all enjoyed my little tour of textiles around my home!

I could definitely get some work done in that office.
The eclectic mixture of bold and colorful pillows are perfect.
Thanks so much for the tour Jane!

Also, I am guest posting over at Roost today.
Marissa is hosting Mens Week and I am discussing how I incorporated my hubby's style in our home!
Go here to check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment