Textiles Thursday: Marcus Design


 I am excited to introduce you to my newest daily read, Nancy from Marcus Design.
I was first introduced to Nancy when reading about her incredible DIY draper Ikea hack.


I have been hooked ever since.
Lucky for us, Nancy agreed to show us some of her favorite textiles from her home!

 I am honored and thrilled to be here today and I'm sending a big hug and thank you to Danielle for asking me to participate in her lovely series! I love bold prints and colorful textiles, especially with a heavy does of texture, they just liven up my home and make me smile every time I walk by.

Last summer I added a touch of turquoise to my living room and this pretty shade has done wonders for my space. First, a lovely little chair with a fabulous velvet pattern graced the corner nook {the chair was a HomeSense/HomeGoods score!}. I paired it with a glam silk pillow in chocolate brown and the contrast of the thick texture in the chair with a bit of shine on the pillow is perfection.



Next I picked up a little Morrish tile print to mix it ip a little. I love the Moroccan vibe and these pillows were a real find at $20 a piece from HomeSense:


And finally, I think I will never tire of Kelly Wearstler's Imperial Trellis! I just love the texture on this heavy linen. This colorway is Parchment/Midnight and works well with my bedding from the House & Home line at The Bay.





So there you have it! A few of the textiles that bring me joy everyday. Next up I have plans for some curtain panels and Roman blinds with a Greek-key inspired motive!! Thank you again to Danielle for inviting me to share pieces of my home.


I love her use of color, texture, and pattern.
Imperial Trellis fabric is also a favorite of mine and I think it is perfect in her bedroom.
I also can't wait to see her new Roman blinds.

Thank so much Nancy!

Also, I am guest posting over at Modern Jane today sharing some of my favorite things from my home! I'll see you over there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment