Textiles Thursday: A Thoughtful Place

I can't believe it is Thursday again!
What a treat.
Today we have the wonderful Courtney from A Thoughtful Place guest posting.
This girl has got it together, did you see her Mother and Daughter Tea she hosted recently?

Mother of the year? I think so.

Hi there! I am Courtney from A Thoughtful Place. I was thrilled when Danielle asked me to come and hang out at her blog. I am always amazed at how textiles can transform a space. It's been so much fun reading this series. I love pattern and mixing them up. I think you will see that in most of my images. What is so great about textiles is that with a relatively neutral background, you can change up a room instantly with new pops of color and fabrics.



In the master bedroom, I wanted to use a crisp white backdrop for the bedding and only infuse a bit of color and sparkle with the pillow.




The monochromatic color scheme gets a dose of texture with the drapes, pillow, and throw.







In our dining room, the stripe drapes add a little bit of drama to an otherwise neutral space.




In our living room, I am having fun mixing patterns and using pops of color. As you can see I am on a teal kick right now!




A black and white damask material was used in the cabinet and on the window to give some life to our very used laundry room!







Our daughter LOVES pink. With the monochromatic color scheme in her room, I chose to mix things up by using lots of different patterns.







And lastly, in our family room I have used textiles once again to add a pop of color and to warm things up with heavy throws and patterned pillows.

Danielle, thanks so much for having me! I hope you enjoyed a look into how textiles are hard at work in our home.

Wow, what a tour!
Her DIY striped drapery is stunning.
They add the right amount of spice to her dining room, I love them.
Thanks again Courtney, your textiles rock!

0 comments:

Post a Comment