Master Bedroom Details


Since posting my master bedroom last week I have received several emails.
I thought I would do a quick run-down on how it came to be for $585.

I made the headboard for $76.
All I needed was 2 yards of fabric, batting, plywood from Home Depot, and upholstery nails from here.

The mirror above the bed was from TJ Maxx on clearance for $12, and the mirrors on either side of the bed are from the DI (our local thrift store) for $5 each.

The lamps are from HomeGoods for $29 each and I added the trim.


I made the large yellow pillows from fabric I purchased at Home Fabrics for $6/yard.
The small blue and yellow pillows were $45 from this etsy shop.

The dressers are from Ikea and cost $55 each after I refinished them.
Check them out here.


The bedding and shams are from Smart Bargains on clearance for $50.
The herringbone throw is from Home Goods for $29.

The dresser is from a thrift store for $30.
I painted it and added the glass knobs which are from a local consignment store called Abode.
Total cost: $66.


The picture frame wall cost $21.
Two of the frames are from Ikea and the rest are from local thrift and consignment stores


The blue box is from HomeGoods for $12, the mini pitcher is from the DI for $2 and the silver jewelry tray was from the DI for $1.


The mirrored perfume tray was from the DI for $3 and the lamp was on sale at Ikea for $20.


The drapery fabric was purchased from Home Fabrics for $7.00/yard and I sewed them myself.
You can also buy similar fabric here.

The painting is from the DI for $5 and the chair is from Caitlin Creer's garage sale for $15.
The wicker 3 drawer chest and blue vase were both wedding gifts.


That makes a grand total of $585.
The most important thing to remember when designing on a tight budget is to be patient!
Slow and steady...

Also, today I am guest posting at Cove and Grey Designs sharing some of my new spring decor!
(hint: think new throw pillows, head on over for a sneak peek!)
Lauren is a new design blogger and is about to graduate design school.
Let's show her some love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment