Martha?

Thats right people, I sewed a pillow...with piping...and a zipper!
Feel free to call me Martha.

Here it is in all its glory.


Not only was this sewing experience a complete success, it was also a great deal!
I purchased the piping from Jo-Anns for $1.79, the fabric pieces were samples on clearance for $2.00 each, and I already had the zipper.
That makes the pillow case a whoppin $4.79.

Check out that piping...


I love having different fabrics on each side, just incase I feel crazy and want to switch it up mid-day. 
Don't put it past me, I have been known to do crazy things like that.


And a close-up of the zipper, yep I actually did it!


I have also been busy working on my pillows from my fabric scraps.
Recognize the chevron print?


It got dressed up with some spicy yellow piping as well.
I still need to refine my piping skills, you may notice it overlapping on the floral pillow, 3rd time's a charm, right?

Sewing a pillow with piping and a zipper may not seem like a big deal to all you sewing gurus, but it was a big accomplishment for me!

I can't wait to make more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment