Textiles Thursday: What's up Whimsy

I am thrilled to have Shannon from What's Up Whimsy here today.
Shannon has great style and an incredible eye for second hands finds.
a perfect combo i'd say.

Hey, it's Shannon from What's Up Whimsy! I am so happy to be sharing some of my fav textiles with you today. I am a huge fan of Danielle and her blog and was super honoured to be asked to participate. Now, let me start off by saying, that if I wasn't currently penny pinching, my selection of textiles would be much more impressive, but you have to work with what you have, so that is what I have been trying to do.
When I started taking photos for this series, I realized a lot of the art on my walls tend to use different types of textiles. Let me show you what I'm talking about:



I wanted some cheap and easy art for my dining room, so I picked up 3 tea towels from Anthropologie and framed them in IKEA frames. I love the way they turned out.




This is a piece of art in my living room. My Mom bought it for me for my birthday this past summer at an art show in Toronto. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it. It was made with vintage fabric by an artist named Lucky Jackson, who I wrote about here. It really reminds me of family.




This is another piece in the living room. I got this a few years ago from Urban Outfitters. Again, it is a mix of fabric and stitching and I love it!




I wanted to brighten up the leather chairs in my living room, so I added a colourful striped blanket to the back of one of them. The blanket is actually from Africa - my sister went there last summer and brought it back for me. I love that I have something unique from that part of the world. And in front of the blanket is one of my newer purchases. I got it at the One of a Kind show this past December by a company called Rock My Soul. I'm actually currently awaiting the arrival of this one as well for my bedroom.






And last, but not least, my favourite piece of furniture in my house. I found this old chair at a garage sale in my neighbourhood a couple of years ago and snapped it up for $35! It was originally in dusty rose velour....YIKES!! But I knew it had potential, so I got it reupholstered in a linen that resembles burlap (but much softer!) and brown velvet. I just love how it turned out! And on top of the chair is a patchwork, crocheted blanket made by my friend's Nonni. She makes these in her spare time, can you believe it?? I just love the "granny-chic" look to it.




So there you have it - some fun textiles from around my house. Hopefully I will be back within a few months with some additions because I have big plans, baby!!


Thanks so much again to Danielle for letting me participate in this awesome series!!


Framed Anthro tea towels? What a fantastic idea.
And $35.00 for that chair, I love how it turned out.
Told you she was good :)

Thanks so much Shannon, It was so much fun having you :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment