Textiles Thursday: Ten June

I love Thursdays!
What is better than a tour through a bloggers home?

I am so excited to have Michelle from Ten June here today.
I became fast friends with Michelle's blog a couple months ago.
I was even lucky enough to have my DIY Sunburst Mirror featured next to hers earlier this week!

Hi friends! I'm Michelle from Ten June, dropping in with Danielle for Textiles Thursday! This series is genius because it gives everyone a chance to hear some insight into a key element of design...fabric! I've loved every other post by the guest bloggers in this series, so I'm so happy to be sharing some of my favorite textiles around my house!

The name of my game when it comes to textiles is color accents. I usually start by choosing neutral main pieces around my house, to act as sort of a blank slate for the colorful accessories. For example, my living room sofa is a Pottery Barn Comfort sofa with some ah-maz-ing-ly comfortable twill fabric.


And I set the stage in our master bedroom with a bright white cotton duvet.


I really like the freedom that a neutral, blank slate gives, so that I can easily add in pops of color when the mood strikes. I like to bring in color in every form- curtains, pillows, cushions... the list goes on and on!




I've even used some colorful fabric to serve as my matting for some wall art!


Currently, I'm contemplating using a piece of greek key fabric to decorate the back of the built in wine rack in my kitchen/dining room. I'd love for you to drop by and let me know what you think!


Well that's my two cents on fabrics, folks. I'm so glad to have met all of Danielle's lovely followers. Thanks for having me!!

Michelle

I adore the simplicity of her living room and I am also a white bedding gal!
You can never go wrong with white.
Thanks for the tour Michelle!

0 comments:

Post a Comment