DIY Abstract Art Tutorial


I finally finished my first DIY for my new little home.
A little abstract art for my entry!

It wasn't easy. Actually is was SO much harder than I ever imagined. Who knew throwing a little paint onto a canvas would prove to be so difficult?! I now have so much more respect for artists, it is a talent that I wish I possessed!

My art piece did not turn out like I envisioned. It is far from perfect and done without proper technique, but I kinda like it.

It adds a little color and life to my entry, exactly what it needed.


This is actually the same canvas I painted my DIY ombre art on.
 I just re-painted the canvas white and started over...which made this project cost very little.

 


I am happy with the color scheme, it's packed full of all of my favorite colors.


It still needs to be hung, but its large scale is perfect for between the windows.



Now I need to find the perfect fabric for the bench!


For those who are interested, here are the paints that I used.
They are acrylic and I bought them at Walmart for 55 cents each.
It cost me under $8.00 for all of them.


 I also included a quick little picture tutorial.
I had NO idea what I was doing, but here are the steps I took to create my abstract art.


The end steps are a little tricky to follow, but if you look closely you should be able to get the general idea.

Although this project seemed overwhelming at first, I am really happy I finally did it!
I also can't complain about a huge piece of art for $8.00!



0 comments:

Post a Comment