DIY Temporary Decorative Panels


 So, I've got an idea...
Remember how I mentioned adding removable wallpaper to my television wall?
Well, turns out my wall is huge. It is about 16' wide by 9' tall. Which means it will require lots of wallpaper and end up costing more than I was hoping to spend. With our upcoming move to Orange County in 11 months, I just can't justify spending much money on this little home.


With that being said, I also have an uncontrollable desire to constantly be improving/decorating my home.  
So, In order to get the best of both worlds and decorate inexpensively, I have to get creative.


The other day while cruising the aisles of Home Depot, I came across these large panels of styrofoam insulation with sound barrier foil on them.
They are 4' wide by 8' tall, weigh about 3 pounds each, and are only $10.00 a panel.
This got me thinking.


What if instead of covering the whole wall in wallpaper, I only covered a couple panels and attached them to the wall?
Or better yet, what if I painted and stenciled on the panels instead of purchasing wallpaper?

{image via here}

Since purchasing the wallpaper would cost about $300+ dollars, and I could potentially get the same look stenciling for under $50.00. Hmm....

{image via Full House}

I could either do 2 separate panels or push them together and do one large one.

{image via here}

And since the foam panels are so light, I could simply nail them to the wall.

{image via here}

Now I just need to select the perfect wall stencil, by far the hardest part.
So, what do you think? Good or crazy idea?
Anyone used these styrofoam boards before? 



0 comments:

Post a Comment