Gallery Walls


Although it may seem trendy, I still love gallery walls.
Especially this one in Victoria's of sfgirlbybay home office.
Isn't it clever how she incorporated her iMac as a piece of art?


Besides arranging the frames, one of the most intimidating parts of creating a successful gallery wall is selecting the right art.


When starting a gallery wall,  I typically like to find an inspiration piece to help direct me.
Here is how my process typically works...

1. Find an inspiration piece

This is my favorite print to date, and is the perfect inspiration piece to create a gallery wall from.
I love the ikat inspired pattern and the color scheme.


2. Select art by pulling colors from the inspiration piece

I immediately wanted to pull green from the inspiration piece.
This kelly green bike worked perfectly.



3. Include pieces that personally interest you

I have an odd obsession with row-homes. 
They are charming and adorable, I dream of living in one.

This row-home illustration was just what I needed.


I also still have a thing for faux taxidermy and this gray one was just right.




Since pink is on my mind lately, I wouldn't mind owning this monogramed chevron print.
I, of course, would select an O.




4. Let your wall tell a story

 I love to include maps of places I have traveled or lived.
I love the graphic nature of this map. I would select Massachusetts, to remind me of our fantastic summer spent on the cape.




Inspiring or meaningful quotes are also the perfect addition to any gallery wall.
This one "time doesn't wait" would be perfect above my work computer!







 Here is a sample of what my gallery wall looks like so far.
It is not to scale, so a few adjustments would be necessary, but I like where it is heading.


Best part, all of these prints are very affordable and look great in inexpensive Ikea frames!

What is your favorite print?
Please share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment