Textile Thursday: a'la mode



If you haven't been introduced to Shelli from a'la mode than you are missing out!
Her home is one of my favorites in the blogosphere and I am thrilled that she agreed to show us her textiles!

Hi Ya'll!  This is Shelli from a' la mode, so happy to be here!  I was so excited when Danielle asked me to guest post for Textiles Thursday, as it is one of my favorite series on one of my favorite blogs!!  

As much as I do LOVE color, I prefer a serene, calm and somewhat neutral color palette in my home. It feels harmonious and peaceful in this crazy life!   Enter: flax linen.  Yes, I'm obsessed.  All curtain panels throughout my entire home are flax linen as well.  I like the continuity.  


Linen is my go to textile, especially for furniture basics.  It helps me to create a calm and clean neutral palette, and the linen creates a casual beachy chic vibe to the space without being too literal.  There is flax linen in almost every room of the house!


How do I add some punch to flax linen?  Make it a stripe!  My linen striped sofa is one of my favorite pieces.  It adds a little personality without getting away from my peaceful palette.  


If you know me at all, you know I am addicted to pillows!  It is such a great way to bring in texture and color to a space, not too mention at a smaller price point.  And....the possibilites are endless!  What's not to love, right?  The variety of linen pillows in my living room show you my other color obsession, shades of blue. (secret:  the 2 larger sofa pillows are dwell dinner napkins made into pillow covers)  All others shown are from dwell studio.


In my office, turqoise ikat pillows from ebay punch up the flax linen chairs.  I just can't get enough!



Lastly, the flax linen headboard, ivory linen foot bench cushion and graphic linen bolster finish off my master bedroom.  (secret:  the bolster was made from a table runner that no longer fit my dining table!)

*For ALL sources, visit my home tour
www.alamodemaven.com

Thank you for having me over today Danielle!
xoxo, Shelli


I definitely need to add some linen to my home, I am loving that drapery!
I told you it was amazing.
Thanks again Shelli!

0 comments:

Post a Comment