Modern Jane Home Tour


I hope you have been enjoying this series because I have another amazing home tour for you!

Today we have Jane from Modern Jane.
This home tour screams cozy and inviting yet it is packed full of personality.
It is a gem I tell ya.



My name is Jane, also know as Modern Jane by my friends in the blog world. I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada with my fiance and our little Boston Terrier, Beaufort. I am an elementary school teacher by day and a wannabe interior designer by night. 




I bought my first home 5 years ago and started my blog Modern Jane shortly after to document its transformation from dark and dated to light and bright! Blogging opened my world up a huge 
network of people who shared my interest in decorating and design. These people inspired me to take risks and helped shape my own personal style. The whole process made me realize that interior design was not just a passing interest but something I was truly passionate about.





People often ask me how I would define my style and I have trouble pinpointing it. I sometimes refer to it as fresh cottage modern. I love the crisp and fresh feel of white walls and furnishings but with pops of color and a variety of textures that add warmth and softness to the space. My own home is definitely transitional with a good mix of vintage pieces and modern elements.




I definitely love decorating with white. While I love color, I find white to be anything but boring. Paired with shades of soft blues and greys, creates such a serene space. Lately, I'm into black and white; stripes, dots, floral, you name it. It's such a timeless classic.


Entry


Dining Room

  



Family Room





 Kitchen




  
  
Back Entry/Hallway



Den




Bedrooms







Isn't it incredible?
This girl has mad talent...I just adore the everything about her style and home.

I highly recommend you start following Jane's adorable blog, Modern Jane.
You can find  also find her on twitter, instagram, pinterest, and facebook


xo,


0 comments:

Post a Comment