My Thrifty DIY Thanksgiving Table!

A couple weeks ago I challenged myself to create my Thanksgiving table for $25.00.
This year will be my first time hosting Thanksgiving and I can't help but focus on making it beautiful. Since we have been students for the last 8 years (and have moved 6 times), we are lacking in the tableware department.
I love to thrift, DIY, and decorate, so naturally creating a Thanksgiving table from thrift store finds and DIY projects just made sense.


My original budget was $25.00 which I quickly learned was a little too tight. Although I did purchase all the essential items for $22.54 (plates, chargers, glasses, tablecloth, napkins), all the little details tipped me over.

Here is the breakdown:

Dinner Plates (Thrift Store): $.99 x 4 = $4.00
Salad Plate (Thrift Store): $.35 x 4 = $1.40
Glasses (Thrift Store): $.99 x 4 = $4.00
Chargers (Tai Pan Trading Clearance): $.50 x 4 = $2.00
Table Cloth (Home Fabrics): $3.99/yard x 1.5 yards = $6.00
Pumpkins (Grocery Store): $.99 x 4 = $4.00
Napkins (Walmart): $1.97 x 2 = $3.94
Greek Key Trim (Walmart): $.77/yard x 2 yards = $1.54
Glass Jar (Walmart): $4.00

Total: $30.08

I also splurged $8.00 on flowers from Fred Meyer's which makes my grand total was $38.88



All of the dishes were purchased at thrift stores. They came with imperfections (scratches) but you can't beat the price. I quickly fell in love with the gold detail on the dinner plates and the black and white stripes on the salad plates.


The selection of dishes at the thrift stores was plentiful. I guarantee you can find just what you need after visiting a couple of stores.



  I found the chargers from Tai Pan Trading on clearance got $.50 each. They were a bright red so I spray painted them gold with some paint I already owned.


I purchased the napkins form Walmart for $1.94 for a pack for two. I could have easily made these and saved some money, but buying them was worth my sanity. 



I also purchased the greek key trim for $.77/yard at Walmart. 2 yards is all I needed to add a little detail to the napkins and the vase. I simply sewed the trim onto the napkins.






I also bought the glass jar (vase) at Walmart for $4.00! 


It comes with a cute little lid, so I am sure I will find plenty of use for it after the holidays.




I painted the mini pumpkins a metallic gold. I love how they turned out.



I simply printed out and added a Give Thanks tag to the top of each pumpkin and attached it with some jute twine I had laying around. I think it's the little details that make the difference.


I purchased the white fabric for the tablecloth from Home fabrics for $3.99/yard and painted on the black spots. I really love how much personality the black spotted tablecloth adds.



I used potato stamps to apply the black paint to the fabric as well as free handed a few.
I will share the tutorial with all the details tomorrow.


As you can see not all the dots are perfect or identical, but I think it adds to the charm of it.


I have to say, I had a ton of fun creating this thirty DIY Thanksgiving table. 
I can't wait to use it.

Even though I broke my budget, I am still think it's a steal! Plus, the flowers were so worth it.


Do you have plans for your table yet?
Are you going to do a little thrifting too?

xo,

0 comments:

Post a Comment