DIY Spotted Tablecloth Tutorial!


In case you missed my post yesterday, I shared my DIY Thrifty Thanksgiving Table.
In my opinion, the DIY spotted tablecloth stole the show!
As promised,  today I am going to share the tutorial with you.

It's not much of a tutorial because it is SO easy, but this is what I did:


Supplies:

+ White Fabric (I purchased mine from Home Fabrics for $3.99/yard and needed 1.5 yards)
+ Black Paint (I probably should have used fabric paint, but I had black acrylic paint on hand and it worked great. So far it has held up to ironing, although I haven't washed it yet. I'll let you know how that goes after the Holidays).

Tutorial:

1. Cover your table in plastic (I used big black garbage bags). When you apply the paint onto the fabric, it will bleed through the back (unless you use a really thick fabric), so it's a good idea to protect the table with plastic.


2. Place your fabric on the table.


3. I cut 3 red potatoes in half to create stamps. One large, one medium, and one small. I like how the potatoes are not perfectly round, a look I wanted to achieve. I then dipped the potato in the black paint and stamped it on the tablecloth. 


I didn't follow any pattern, just randomly stamped all over.


4. I then took the end of my paintbrush, dipped it in the paint, and stamped on the smallest dots.
I also used the back of the paintbrush to fix any mistakes I made with the potato stamps.


5. I then let it dry and then continued the steps on the remainder of the tablecloth.


See, told you it was easy!
Also, you can see all the details on my DIY Thrifty Thanksgiving Table here.

What do you think, ready to give it a try?

xo,




0 comments:

Post a Comment