Dans Le Townhouse Home Tour


Today we have Tanya from Dans Le Townhouse
Her use of modern furniture and bold colors is refreshing.



I share my home with my Handy Hubby and a Komondor puppy named Szuka (“Sooka”), who is only five months old but already tall enough to knock a pound of butter off the kitchen counter with her nose.  Ask me how I know this.  I’m in the final leg of completing my PhD and we’ll soon be moving 1500 km from our city townhouse to a rural lakefront bungalow. 



I knew I liked design when I was in elementary school.  I had stolen a very 80s, very frilly, design magazine from my mother and hid it under my bed.  I used to pour over it and try to emulate the designs.  I’d push together kitchen chairs, wrapped in a blanket and packing tape, to make a “sofa,” and would re-arrange my rock collection on the daily.  I never stopped ferreting away design magazines, and making the most of what I have.



I think I’m still finding my style, which I hope never stops evolving, but I do tend to favor simplicity with some personality.  I like uncluttered spaces with bold art and vintage accessories.  I’m also a sucker for anything handmade and I’m passionate about art.  I’m editing our things for the move right now, selling what won’t work and picking up a few pieces that will.  I’m finding myself gravitating to fewer, but bolder, furniture pieces, art and accessories. 



Looking at the townhouse, you wouldn’t guess my favorite colour is turquoise!  I love watery hues and am working toward redirecting my colour palette toward blue, turquoise, teal, and green – grounded by grey and white – in the lakehouse.  I used to use my favorite colour - turquoise - sparingly for some reason, but moving forward I’m using it in bold ways: we’re painting our kitchen cabinets turquoise and I just had a vintage chair we found in the trash re-upholstered a gorgeous shade of teal velvet.     

Tanya is in the process of renovating a new home, and the before and afters are already so good!



The power of paint is amazing.
I am loving the dark fireplace!


Since Tanya's new home is a work in progress, she agreed to share with us her townhome. I just love how fresh and clean it is!

Front Room




Bedroom




Bathroom


Half Bathroom



Guest bedroom


Office

Kitchen


Dining Room

You must head on over to Tanya's blog and stalk her on Pinterest.
I can't wait to see what else she does with her new home!
xo,

0 comments:

Post a Comment