Elliven Studio Home Tour


Last week was a doozy. I had an unexpected flair up with 3 kidney stones. 
Man those are so painful! 
Luckily, today I am heading to Mexico for a family vacation. It is a much need break after last weeks events.

While I am gone, I have a treat for you. I will be sharing a few of my favorite home tours!
I am so honored that these ladies are sharing their home tours with us. I know you will enjoy them!

Today we are going to take a peek inside of Julie's, from Elliven Studio, beautiful home!
Her home is so chic and the details are perfection.




Hello!  My name is Julie. I'm a Stay At Home Mum to three young boys, an air force wife (married to my high school sweetheart), we have a 10 year old boxer and we are currently living in Ontario, Canada!  I absolutely love to run, love coffee and love music.


I've always had a love for interior design, ever since I was  young, but for whatever reason I never thought of pursuing it as a career.  When I think back, I can't believe I never realized how much of a perfect fit that career path would have been for me!  A few years ago, I really got in to sewing bags (gorgeous fabric gives me goosebumps, seriously, I love it!) and decided to start a blog to chronicle my creations.  From there, I joined twitter, instagram and other social media outlets which enabled me to interact and connect with interior designers.  My blog slowly went from being all about crafting and sewing to being all about interior design and I quickly realized that interior design or decorating was something that I had to pursue. It was a pretty unconventional way to get into design, but I couldn't be any happier with how it's all worked out and wouldn't change a thing.  The timing is perfect now that all three kids are in school and I have time to devote to it.


I don't really know if I have a specific style, I honestly love them all! I think I could say that my style is a bit eclectic traditional perhaps. I often fall head over heels for rooms that have a touch of french style to them and I love combining vintage and antique finds with new pieces.  There isn't anything better than finding a vintage piece of furniture and being able to give it new life with a touch of spray paint or new fabric.  I love rooms that have stories to them.


I often use the colour grey, which sounds so bland, but I honestly love it!  It's been my go to for years.  That being said, I can't seem to get enough of various shades blue and purple right now, which is funny because I've never been much of fan of either up until now.  I guess I could go with blue as my current favourite colour for decorating.  It's soothing & welcoming at the same time and I love that.

Entry


Front Room






Hallway


Laundry Room


Dining Room


Office

Well wasn't that just lovely.
I am pretty sure I could lounge in that front room all-day-long!
You can follow Julie on her blog, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Thank so much for sharing Julie!
xo,

0 comments:

Post a Comment