7 Styling Essentials


I love interior design, I truly do.
During design school I learned about space planning, textiles, specifications, plumbing, electrical, furniture history, and the list goes on.
Unfortunately I was left of my own to figure out how to style a space.
Granted my training provided an excellent starting point, but I had to iron out the details myself.
I still find myself learning new things everyday, but I have determined 7 styling essentials that do the trick every.single.time.

Here are my 7 styling essentials for a coffee table:

1.2.3.4.5.6.7 


1. A Tray - I always find it best to divide the accessories into piles. Whether it be 2,3,or 4 piles, a tray helps divide the items and adds an interesting layer.
2. Flowers - Flowers add the perfect amount of softness. I went with pink peonies to contrast the tray and add a little color.
3. A Bowl - A bowl adds height and dimension. I selected this one because of its shimmer and uneven edges. The rough edges contrast nicely with the soft flowers.
4. A Ball: This spiky gold ball adds the right amount dimension and texture. It's round sharp edges really draws the eye in.
5. A Book: A coffee table wouldn't be complete without a couple of books. I would stack a few books underneath this Domino decorating book for a little height. I love the soft color and pattern on the cover of the this book.
6. A Whimsical Item: I like to add one small whimiscal item. This bird is cute, playful, and unexpected.
7. Coasters: Coasters are not only practical, but they can be beautiful too. These blue agate coasters from West Elm add a pop of color and pattern. 
Although these styling essentials are made specifically for a coffee table, the general principles can be applied to styling any space. 
I hope this helps!
xo,



0 comments:

Post a Comment