Selecting Drapery Made Easy!


Drapery can be challenging to select. Pattern or no pattern? Large or small print? Geometric or floral?
Since it is such a hard decision, most people select them last.

When designing a room, I always start with the largest statement pieces, the drapery or the rug.
Drapery can be a great starting point for a room, it sets the tone and decides the direction for the rest of the space.

Tonic Living is one of my favorite places to shop for fabric. Their fabrics are affordable and on trend.
I also love how they share pictures of their fabrics used in clients homes. Let's be honest, the small thumbnail pictures of fabric can be deceiving. Being the visual person that I am, it is always helpful to see the fabric in action. 

Here are a few of my favorites...

I love this bright geometric print, Groovy Grille Confetti.
I think it looks amazing as drapery and is only $18.95/yard!

Top: Groovy Grille Confetti, Middle left: Outdoor Sisila Poolside, Middle right: Bethe Leaf, Bottom left: Cross Section Honeydew, Bottom right: Graphic Fret Greystone

Once the drapery is selected, it is much easier to put together coordinating fabrics for pillows. I think any of the fabrics on the right would work great!

Jennifer from Rambling Renovators used this adorable floral, Sweet William Teal, in her bedroom.
Since the floral pattern is small, it works well as drapery without being to overbearing.


Using floral drapery can make selecting pillows more difficult, graphic and organic prints work great though!

I am kinda obsessed with this grey and white geometric print, Courtyard Oyster, as drapery.
It looks so high-end but it is only $29.95/yard!

Top: Courtyard Oyster, Middle Left: Modern Meadow Poppy, Middle Right: Geo Maze Coral, Bottom: Cameron Storm

 You can keep the color scheme neutral like the picture, or pair it with something a little more playful like the coral fabrics I selected.

A big thumbs-up to Tonic Living, they are killing it lately!
Anyone else loving their fabrics as much as I am?


0 comments:

Post a Comment