Paying To Promote Your Blog!


I know I promised to post about Best Kept Designer Secrets, I am working on a few right now so expect a great one next week!

Today I wanted to chat about something I have been researching lately: paying to promote my blog.
Facebook has added a new element called "promoting posts."
If you have a Facebook page for a company or blog, you may have noticed that your Facebook posts are not reaching everyone who has liked your page. I first realized this when my husband asked why I don't post on my blog Facebook page, when in reality I do everyday. Even though he had liked my page, they were not showing up in his feed. This is when I looked into promoting posts.

My Danielle Oakey Interiors Facebook page has 748 likes.


On average, many of my posts are only seen by 200 people.


This is where promoted posts comes in.
For any given post, you can pay money to get more people to see your post.


The picture above shows your options on Facebook.
You can choose to have just the people who liked your page to see your posts or the people who liked your page and their friends.
Then you have to decide how much you want to spend. You can spend anywhere from $5.00 - $50.00 per post, the more you pay the more people will see your post.

I decided to give it a try to see if it actually works.
I payed $15.00 to promote my last post, How to Style a Nightstand.
The post stays "promoted" for 3 days.

As of last night, 2,180 people have seen the post.
This is about 10x the regular traffic of other posts that were not promoted.


And I had $7.08 left in my paid promotion money.


At anytime I can choose to stop promoting the post and re-direct the money elsewhere.
As of now I am planning to leave the promotion on this post so I can see how effective it is.

Since promoting the post, I have gained 6 likes one my Facebook page and about 100 more daily views on my blog.

Is it worth it? 
$15.00 seems a little steep for a 3 day promotion, but it definitely has not been useless.
I may try it again on a more interesting post, like a DIY, room reveal, or a giveaway.
It would be interesting to see the results.

Have you tried promoting your posts? Any luck? 
If not, are you going to give it a whirl?



0 comments:

Post a Comment