Textile Thursday: Boy + Girl


I am thrilled that Leah from Boy + Girl agreed to guest post today.
She is a childhood friend who I have reconnected with through the blog world.
I am constantly amazed by her creativity and her adorable home.

I was beyond flattered (and mildly intimidated) to have Danielle ask me to participate in her textile thursday series this week. I mean, come on! Look at all these great designers she has featured on here in the past, not to mention her own incredible talent.
I don't claim to have any big secrets when it comes to fabulous textiles in the home, but I do believe that textiles, like anything in a home, should be functional, meaningful and, of course, beautiful! 
Some of my own favorites are found in our bedroom:


This first number comes to us in the form of a quilt.
My husbands Grandmother stitched one of these inspiring hand-worked creations for every single one of her grandkids before she died, to be gifted to each of them for their wedding.
She didn't live long enough for me to meet her but this beautiful quilt makes me feel like we have a connection just the same.
don't you love how heirloom-esque objects can do that?


In the dining room:


No meaning to these ikea curtains, but I do love them!
I love the pattern, the color, and the way the white-on-white highlights our stark walls in a great way.


This table runner is a brand new addition, and my very newest textile crush.
My sweet mom brought me this vintage table runner last time they came to visit, isn't it darling?




 And in the living room:


First off is the chair.
It's a pale pink velvety fabric covered chair I picked up at the thrift store for no more than $10.
And above her some equally thrift-ed embroidery hoops I fitted with some plain fabric. 
Nothing too exciting about them yet, but I am slowly filling them up.
I hope someday it will be a wonderful collage of lovely and significant pieces of our life. 


Last but not least, back in the dining room:


This Bienvenue (welcome - in french) burlap banner I made to welcome our guests to my birthday party last year. We've loved it so much that we've just kept it hanging around (pun intended).

Thanks so much for having me Danielle! xo

This girl is an expert thrifter.
I adore her pink chair and how great are those embroidery hoops?
All her textiles are classic and meaningful, I love it!
Thanks Leah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment