skirted desk

i love always having a DIY project.
the latest focus is my office/entry.
i completed my $18.00 DIY sunbusrt mirror last week.
now onto my desk!

i have been obsessing over this skirted console table by palmer wiess for a while now.
i love the burlap and orange trimming.
isn't it stunning?


i can't believe i didn't think of skirting my desk a long time ago.
here is my workspace, it's a good start but it needs some tlc.
aren't those shelves screaming for some love!?


we purchased the bookshelves and desk unit from ikea.
i like the contrast of the metal desk paired with traditional bookshelves but it looks a little blah, don't you think?
a burlap skirt is just what the doctor ordered!

i found burlap at joann's for $3.99/yard.
it comes in several colors but i am thinking of this milky beige.


i am going to attach the skirt with velcro so it can easily be removed.
i wonder what it is like to sit at a desk with a skirt? anyone?

the trim is definitely my favorite part.
joann's sells a wide variety of quilt binding.
i think it will work perfectly.


i am going to use this peacock blue.
since i am having my faux bamboo chairs sprayed a similar color, i think they will compliment each other perfectly.

i have a couple coupons for joann's that i plan on using.
my goal: $10.00
is it possible? i hope so!

0 comments:

Post a Comment