Textile Thursday: Honey We’re Home

I am so excited about my new series, textiles thursday.
each thursday a different blogger will show us their favorite textile or textiles used in their home.

who better than megan from honey we’re home to kick off this series!
megan’s blog never disappoints.
it is chalked full of great DIY projects, inspiration, and the most adorable little boy!

When Danielle told me about her Textiles Thursday series, I thought it was a great idea. Not surprising, because I love pretty much everything Danielle loves! I’m especially fond of her homemade Christmas ornaments. What a sweet tradition to start with your kids. We moved into our home in July 2010 and I only recently discovered the wonderful world of textiles. Since then, I have been having the hardest time narrowing down the millions of options. For instance, out home is in dire need of drapes, but I just haven’t found the ‘perfect’ textile yet! The only drapes we have in the whole house are the pair I made myself (which I won’t be doing again anytime soon- ha!), but i do love them. They are got my home office. Theis is the first fabric I fell in love with and had to have. It’s Waverly Bedazzle Silver Lining.

I’m also pretty fond of the table runners i’ve been seeing at World Market lately. I used this pretty pink/purple floral one in my closet. It’s the perfect amount of pattern to give the plain island some “oomph” and it fits perfectly!


Here’s another World Market runner, which we used for our Thanksgiving table. I loved that it had blue in it, a color that is not typically associated with fall.

I’ve also used textiles in a few DIY projects around the house, including this inspiration board. I love the grey and white geometric pattern.

I lined this plain brown Target tray with a cool black and white Chevron print.

And in our bedroom sitting area, the back of our bookshelves are lined with a subtle grey and silver florally/paisley patterned fabric. I think it adds a nice touch without being too overpowering. I’m still working on styling the shelves though!

But I have to say that my favorite textile is simply my white cotton sheets! This photo of my sweet baby James was taken one morning while we were playing around in the covers.


Thanks for having me Danielle-this was fun!


see, isn’t she amazing?
her DIY drapes are perfect and her little boy melts my heart!
thanks for the inspiration megan.


0 comments:

Post a Comment