textiles thursday: my master bedroom

last week got away on me.
i didn't have a chance to shoot emory's wednesday outfit.
next week she will be back!

today i am showing textiles from my own home.
i thought i would start with our master bedroom.
it is full of some of my favorite fabrics.
although i would LOVE to spend $100.00/yard on exquisite fabrics, that is just not possible.
a small budget doesn't mean you can't have great textiles, you just have to be a little more creative.

i purchased the fabric for my DIY ikat drapery at a local discount fabric store.
$6.99/yard and i needed 5 1/2 yards.
about $40.00 total!

i found the greek key pillow at caitlin creer's yard sale last year.
$5.00, not to shabby.
i splurged on the blue/yellow pillow.
$30.00 from etsy, it was exactly what i was looking for, i just could not resist!



i saved a reminant from the DIY ikat drapery fabric and placed it in a white ikea frame.


when i found the fabric for my headboard, $5.99/yard, i knew it was right.
the small blue & white criss-cross pattern gives dimension but is not too busy.
i made the headboard for just under $70.00!


i also sewed the the yellow euro shams for $7.00 each.
i purchased the fabric from my local discount store for $6.99/yard.
the pale yellow floral was just what i was looking for.

the blue and white pillow was originally a napkin from world market.
a $6.00 DIY napkin pillow was just what my bed needed.



i purchased the throw from home goods for $19.99
nothing like a little herringbone to finish things off.


i am still deciding on a fabric to cover my faux bamboo chair cushion.
i am thinking something bold and graphic.
what pattern are you loving right now?
I would love to hear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment