30 Minute Gallery Wall!



I am embarrassed to admit it, but the walls in my home have remained empty for the last 3 months. When we first moved in, I unpacked everything except for our picture frames, mirrors, and art.
I knew I eventually wanted to hang them, but I didn't have any clue where.

After a couple months of living this way, my husband started to ask if I was ever going to get to it. Can this be? My husband asking ME to decorate? Clearly I have trained him to enjoy a decorated home. 

I was originally planning on using temporary stenciled panels on this wall, but I couldn't come up with a design that felt right. 


I was also sick of tripping over stacks of frames, so last week during Theo's afternoon nap I sealed the deal.


I wish I had a secret method to my madness, but it really is just madness.
I don't measure or plan, I like to just go with the flow.
For those of you who do like a plan, you can download my gallery wall template here.



Now my yellow credenza doesn't look so tiny on that massive wall.
I am in love.


If you are wanting to know the order which I hung, I took step by step pictures as I went.
I pretty much started on the right and worked my way over.


I do like how it helps the TV blend in a little!
Now I need to switch out some of the art since a few pieces are hung sideways.


And just for fun, another before and after!



I also desperately need to get a rug that fits the space.
But it's a start right?!

Also, I have already added more items to my affordable furniture shopping guide, including sofas under $800.00 and a page featuring what I am loving on sale!


To be honest, I am having way too much fun making these!




0 comments:

Post a Comment