Emory's Budget Makeover Plans!


You may remember Emory's DIY loft bed from her old bedroom.
Well I still love it but it doesn't fit in her new room. 
Her bedroom in our rental home is tiny and the loft bed would cover half of the window. Instead of getting rid of it, I have decided to convert it into a daybed. I still need to work out all of the details, but I am really excited.

I want it to look something like this one...




You can buy this daybed at Walmart for $299.00, which actually is a pretty good deal, but still a little out of my budget.

I found this delicious fabric at my local Home Fabrics store for $5.99 a yard. Emory loves the color and I think it is the perfect fabric for an upholstered daybed.


I am also in the middle of making her drapery! I spent the weekend sewing drapery and adding this black pom pom trim. I am not a very good sewer, but luckily these have been really easy to make.
I can't wait to put them up.


My color inspiration for the room comes from the fabric on this pillow.


This has to be one of my favorite fabrics. It will look really great on the her new purple daybed and help tie everything together.
Since I can't paint, I am also considering these stars for the wall behind her bed.


They are only $32.00 for 128 of them, not bad at all.

I must admit, there is something about creating a space on a tight budget that I love.
Crazy right?



0 comments:

Post a Comment