DIY Back To School Lunch Party!


 Yesterday was a fun day.
I woke up early and started preparing to celebrate the start of school with Emory.
Ever since I saw this post last year, I was inspired to start a tradition in our home. Every year before school starts, we are going to have a fun back to school meal.

Since Emory is still young and Zack is spending 80+ hours/week in the hospital these days (ugh!), I decided to stick with a lunch. It was just me and her and totally fun.

 I used mostly items we have around the house and only had to buy a couple of things.


I kept the menu super simple. 
I served:

+ Peanut butter sandwiches shaped in hearts
+ Grapes (in paper bag)
+ Chocolate covered Oreo cookies
+ White milk with cookies & cream magic straws



I was super excited to use my new plates from Villeroy & Boch. They are the prettiest little dishes I own. I love the pattern and colors.


I found the glass milk jars at Target. I purchased a 4-pack of Archer Farms Vanilla Caramel Latte costing $4.99 and replaced the drink with milk. The labels came off easily and the jars are really nice.


I placed grapes in a small paper bag that I cut in half. I then attached these cute free printables to the front.



The best part, all of the printables were free!
I found the Back to School chalkboard banner and the Back to School Lunch chalkboard printable on Tatertots & Jello. They were designed by Dimple Prints and are so so cute! They also printed out great.




The Always Be a Little Kinder Than Necessary chalkboard print came from here.
Isn't it adorable?!


I simply added a globe and some pencils. 
Em loved it.


All in all, it was a success and Emory totally loved every minute of it.


She was a little disappointed that there was no music and dancing...I guess I'll have to add that to the itinerary for next year!

Links to items in the post:


Do you have any back to school traditions?



0 comments:

Post a Comment