Tenting The Loft Bed!


My mom and I have been working hard at getting Emory's new loft bed all set up.
Like I mentioned before, we bought the MYDAL bunk bed from Ikea for $159.00.
It is designed to be set up as a bunk bed, but we made the following adjustments:

1. Removed the bottom rail
2. Cut a new piece for the bottom of the ladder

It was super easy and the bed is still very sturdy.
The height is the best part too, it isn't crazy high like the other loft beds Ikea sells.

Yesterday, we spent a couple hours sewing some panels for the sides of the bed.
We bought some pink satin fabric from a local discount fabric store for $7.00/yard.
We needed 6 yards, totaling $42.00. 

We simply hemmed the sides and sewed a rod pocket.
We hung the panels on the front and two ends.


We used inexpensive tension rods to hang the panels, they worked amazing!
And we made sure they could close creating a little "play house" too.


Emory's new little vintage play kitchen fits perfectly underneath.
There is about 44" of head room under the bed, which allows her to comfortably stand.
It is so nice to have some extra play room in our small condo!


This picture of my mom gives you a good idea of the scale of the bed, it's definitely not too tall (which helps me sleep at night!).


I also picked up the rug from Urban Outfitters today for $20.00.
I am still haven't decided if I am going to keep it or not, what do you think?
Do you like it?


Now it's time to get our paint on! 
I plan on painting the bed a crisp white, I am exhausted just thinking about it.
I also need to paint over the black and white stripes, eeek!

So what do you think? Do you like it so far?

UPDATE: Head on over here to see the finished loft bed. It is white and oh-so-pretty.



0 comments:

Post a Comment