Best New Blogs: Strawberry Chic


Today I am introducing you to another Best New Blog that I recently stumbled upon, Strawberry Chic.
Not only is she adorable, have great style, and good in the kitchen, she also graduated from the same design school as me (just a couple years after)!



Hi, My name is Andrea Hudson, I am a design/lifestyle blogger over at Strawberry Chic. I earned my degree in interior design about 2 years ago but I currently stay home to do the "mommy" think and throughly enjoy the time I spend with my 1-1/2 yr old son. My design career hasn't exactly turned out how I always envisioned it...but, I try to incorporate design into my life as much as possible, whether it's doing small projects for my home or helping friends and family members with theirs. My little family has been living in New Mexico for the past 9 months but we are originally from Tacoma, Washington, which we truly miss, and hope to make it back there someday!



I'll be honest,  I started my blog "Strawberry Chic" for various reasons. First off, I knew that blogging about personal design & art projects would force me to stay connected and up to date in the design world and would be a great way to share some of my personal design solutions. But, because design is just one aspect of my current life, my blog includes some of my personal interests and hobbies which is why you will often see my post about recipes, fashion, thirsted finds, cake decorations, entertaining, and anything these that happens to be going on in my life.


This has been a really tough questions for me because I like bits and pieces of almost all design styles. I tend to lean towards modern or contemporary interiors but I love to incorporate vintage furniture and accent pieces throughout my home. I am also a but of a "collector" and without purposely doing it I tend to end up with a look that I like to call "organized clutter." So when asked, I typically claim that my design style is "eclectic."





{image via here}

{image via here}

{image via here}

There are so many design trends that I have been loving lately...but if I had to choose one it would be incorporating vintage or re-furnbished items into my home. My husband and I Have been on a tight beget since we married (5 years ago) and still have to closely watch out spending habits. So, shopping thrift stotres and garage sales has become a hobby of mine. I have found so many awesome pieces for out home and whether the design trends stays or goes, for me, I feel like it is a style eI can live with for a long time!

Thanks Andrea, I love your style :)
Make sure you head on over to Strawberry Chic, I promise you will love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment