I've Got Answers!


Yesterday I got flooded with questions and emails regarding the paint I used on my desk.
Instead of answering them all individually, I thought I would post the answers to all of the questions.

1. Did you brush, spray, or roll the paint?



I tried brushing and rolling but the paint is really thick so I opted for just brushing. It ended up being really easy and went quite quickly.

2. Can you see brush strokes?



NO! This is one of the perks of this incredible paint. You can see the brush strokes when you are painting it, but they go away as it dries.

3. Did u use a protective coating?

No, and I don't see a need to. This paint is like plastic liquid, it is amazing.  The finish is super shiny and very hard. It is not sticky and I can't even imagine it chipping.

4. Did you prime or sand before painting it?

No, the paint recommends lighting sanding really shining areas but no primer is needed. Yippee!

5. Do you have to wait 24 hours between coats?

Absolutely. Trust me, this was VERY hard for me. I like to start and finish as fast as possible. The recommended drying time is 24 hours and it is necessary if you want the paint to adhere properly. 

6. What color is the paint?



It is Rustoleums Protective Enamel Gloss Royal Blue 7727.
This paint only comes in a handful of colors, but Jenny mentioned the possibility of mixing the colors to create the perfect shade, I think that is a great idea.

7. Does the paint stink?

Yes, it has a strong smell. I painted the desk outside on my deck and left it there for 3 days until the fumes wore off.

8. How shiny is it?



It is really hard to show in pictures but it is definitly a high gloss. You can even see the reflection of my computer and the hardware. I am obsessed with it!

9. How much was the paint?

This is the best part! I bought a quart for just under $9.00. I did three coats and used just over half of the can. It coats really well.

10. Would you use it again?

Yes, yes, yes! I am hoping to get my faux bamboo chairs painted this weekend!

Do you have anymore questions? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment