Design Dilemma: Difficult Fireplace Wall


I am so excited about my new series, Design Dilemma.
Thanks to everyone that submitted their dilemmas, I definitely have my work cut out for me.
Now let's get started.


What to do with the blank walls beside the fireplace?



The obvious solution is to add bookshelves to either side of the fireplace.
Unfortunately, the placement of her window makes this impossible.
Which means it's time to get creative!


I wanted to create a focal point in the room.
I love the idea of adding wallpaper or a stencil to the fireplace wall.
I was inspired by this beautiful interior.


I selected this wall stencil.
It will create the look of wallpaper for a fraction of the price.
  


I also noticed that she had chairs placed next to the fireplace for extra seating.
These x-benches from Ballard Designs would look perfect placed on either side of the fireplace.


They can also be pulled out for extra seating when necessary.



I kept the solution simple so it will flow with the rest of the room.
I think it is practical, functional, and adds the right amount of personality to the space.

Do you have a design dilemma?
E-mail me photos and description of your dilemma!

0 comments:

Post a Comment