DIY Spring Wreath!


I am excited to introduce you Lexie from Carpe Diem!
Lexie has a great eye for interior design and loves a good DIY!


Her DIY antlers are definitely on my to-do list!
Today she is sharing with us her DIY Spring Wreath.
I love love love tulips, so this project was right up my alley!

Take it away Lexie!

*****************************

Spring is finally here and the days are slowly warming up, so I have a fun DIY to share with you to help with your Spring decorating!

Here's what you'll need:


ONE// Grapevine Wreath 

TWO// Assorted Moss

THREE// 8-9 Single Stem Silk Tulips

(this project is easier and looks much nicer if you use individual stems that have an inner wire, rather than the large multi stem bunches of tulips) 

FOUR// Large Stem of Greenery

FIVE// 1 yrd. Ribbon

SIX// Small Nest with Eggs

SEVEN// Scissors

EIGHT// Wire Cutters or Needle Nose Pliers

NINE// Hot Glue Gun & Extra Glue Sticks




Start by cutting apart the large stem of greenery into small pieces using your wire cutters. 
Weave the small pieces into the wreath form in a clockwise direction, so it is all curving around the wreath in the same direction. You can hot glue each piece in, but mine stayed in place really well just by weaving them in good (you may want to hot glue if it's going on an outside door where the wind may get to it) 

Next, cut down your tulips using your wire cutters to desired length. Mine were really long to begin with so I cut 3-4 inches off. 
Using the same method as the greenery, glue in your tulips, overlapping them to hide the glue. It helps if you weave the stems into the wreath a little like you did the greenery. You may also have to glue down the head of each flower where you want it to stay put. 




Be sure to give your tulips a good bend before you glue them in so that they curve with your wreath. 

Also make sure to use the leaves of your tulips to your advantage. They give it a fuller look and cover up the not so pretty part underneath, so don't remove them! 

** I hung my wreath on the door of my craft room with a metal door hanger, where I could reach it with the hot glue gun, so that I could have a better view of it as I finished gluing things in. It really does give you a better idea of how it will lay and where you need extra glue to keep things in place. 



Finally, take a little moss and glue it on the bottom inside curve of your wreath, where the nest will sit. Then glue in your nest and hang with ribbon! 

Enjoy! 


To check out more DIYs and design tips, check out my blog. 

******************************

Thanks so much Lexie!
Make sure you head on over to Carpe Diem and say hello, I know she would love it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment