Cleaning a Dhurrie Rug!


I have been on the hunt for a new rug but I can't seem to find anything I love in my price range.
I considered going with a DIY rug, but ultimately I want something a little higher quality.
So, I've decided to make my current rug work until I find the perfect one.

My rug is a 100% wool flat woven rug from IKEA. I love the style, colors, and pattern, but it is difficult to keep clean.
I regularly vacuum and spot clean it, but it has still managed to get very dirty.
Actually, it was so dirty that I was ready to just throw it away. Since I can't find an affordable replacement, I decided to find a way to clean it myself.

After a couple minutes googling, I found a method and jumped right in.

Materials used:

* Large Bowl
* Cold water
* Dish Soap
* Cleaning brush


I filled a large bowl with cold soapy water and dipped my brush in.


Then I started scrubbing.
In order to get it clean, I had to scrub quite hard.


I was a little nervous that I would damage the rug, but luckily it didn't.


I was hesitant to get the rug too wet, so I let the rug dry before I did a second scrub on the really dirty parts.
Since I practically had to scrub the whole thing, it took me two days.


Once I was done scrubbing, I just let it dry.
I really can't believe how well it worked, and how clean it is!


It took a little bit of time and effort, but I think it is so worth it.
Not sure why I didn't do this before.

Have you ever tackled cleaning your dhurrie? 
What worked for you?



0 comments:

Post a Comment