Affordable Linen


I am helping one of my good friends with her master bedroom.
We have a few "must haves" narrowed down, one being a linen tufted bed.

We plan on getting the bed locally made. That way we can select the exact fabric that we want and hopefully save a few $$ too.

{image via here}

The hardest part about creating a custom piece of furniture finding the perfect fabric.
We have decided to go with a charcoal linen, but linens can get pretty pricey.

{image via here}

{image via here}

A couple weeks ago, Jenny from the LGN mentioned that one of Emily Henderson's favorite linens for upholstery projects is Gray Lines Warsa Linen. The best part, it is $9.00/yard for $100% linen!

I immediately looked it up and ordered the swatch card. 

{image via here}

When the card arrived, I was more than impressed with the colors.
They are even better than in person, and the D.Grey is the perfect charcoal.

Although I loved the colors offered, I was a little concerned about the quality considering the price.
So, I emailed Emily Henderson to ask her about it.
And to my surprise, she emailed me back almost immediately!

Here is what she had to say:

"I've never had problems with it, and I've used it for about 8 years. You can call them and order a swatch card if you aren't in New York - i think they are $10 a piece for the 'warsa' collection and they also have a 'home decorators' collection as well that is even thicker. For a headboard that isn't going to get a lot of wear and tear (opposed to a sofa or chair), I wouldn't worry about it at all."

Don't worry, me and Emily are now BFF.

Anyways, if you are on the hunt for a linen, this one comes highly recommended.
I can't wait to get this headboard made!





0 comments:

Post a Comment