Best New Blogs: Our House


Today I have a treat for you, Elissa from Our House agreed to participate in my Best New Blogs series. As soon as I found her blog, I immediately fell in love with her style.



Hi everyone! My name is Elissa and I write the blog Our House. A little bit about me...well...I'm from Canada, I guess we can start with that! I grew up in a small town on the prairies but now I live with my husband and two kids in a city near Vancouver, British Columbia. I am a former university admissions professional, but I recently decided to stay at home with my kids and do the mom thing. When I'm not chasing after my kids, I'm renovating my home with my husband and scheming up another DIY project from myself!

As you can see, I can often be found shopping for my house in search of the best deal in town, with my two trusty sidekicks in tow, of course.



On my blog I like to document the fun everyday happenings of my home, the always entertaining (and never ending) renovation process, the things that inspire me, all the DIY projects I get myself (and sometimes my husband) into, the joy of a good thrift store find, and of course, all those crazy moments of life with kids!


My design style is pretty eclectic (vague, I know) but I like a little bit of everything. When making decorating/renovating decisions in my own home I tend to start with a classic look and find myself adding a bit of rustic, some vintage touches, a lot of white with pops of color here and there, and some clean modern finishes too! Our home has been a major work in process, but here are a few of the rooms we have been working on...







{all images via Our House}


My favorite design trend right now would have to be warm metals! Lamps, frames, cabinet hardware, it's slowly making its way into my house over the past few years and I love it! I find these pictures so inspiring...love those touches of brass and gold!


{Image via here}


{image via here}


{image via here}

So a kitchen reno is coming up next at our house, my husband builds and instals kitchen cabinets for a living, one day soon it's going to be my turn! This kitchen has me thinking about adding some brass hardware into the mix...


{image via here}

Thanks for letting me stop by and introduce myself Danielle!

****

Isn't her house beautiful? And a fellow Canadian, I like her already!
I can't wait to see what she does with her kitchen. I kinda wish my hubby was a cabinet maker, lucky girl!
Thanks so much Elissa.
Make sure you head on over to Our House and check out her adorable blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment