Our Boise Home Living & Dining Room Tour!


I am back and super excited to be blogging again!
Last Monday we arrived in Boise and received the keys to our new rental home on Tuesday morning.
How exciting.

Remember how I blogged about this other rental? Well it fell through 2 weeks before we were scheduled to move in. 
Such a headache.
 The Boise rental market is crazy, 99% occupancy and nice places are almost impossible to find. Thank goodness we were able to get our deposit back and secure this home within the day. We are considering ourselves very lucky.

We are thrilled to have a little more space than in Salt Lake City. A little bit about our new rental home:

+1400 square feet
+3 bedroom
+2.5 Bathrooms
+Backyard (a first in our 7 years of marriage!)
+Garage

I am excited to show you around.
Today I am going to start with the living/dining room.
Like I mentioned before, we moved in only 6 days ago so it's a work in progress, but it feels amazing to have our boxes unpacked.

The view from the kitchen.


I am loving all the windows. 
I can't wait to get some drapery on them. 
  

Our furniture doesn't fit great in this space, but we have to make it work.
A new rug is a must as this one is WAY too small.
And yes, my office is still in the living room...can't win them all!


The open living/dining/kitchen planning is working out great already.


The accessibility to the backyard is amazing.
I can watch Emory playing outside from the kitchen, the table and the couch.
The yard is small but so perfect.


I am toying with a removable wallpaper for the television wall.
Don't you think that would be fun?


You also may have noticed my new Ikea rug in the dining room.
I bought it before leaving SLC and I love it. 
I'm not loving it with my chevron rug, but that needs to go anyways!


Unfortunately the dining light is hung way too high and there is no extra chain.
Oh how I wish I could switch it out, but I don't think it would be worth it for the short 12 months we will be living here.
I'm excited to get some art hung on the walls though!


I'm loving it so far, but I can't wait to give it a little more personality!




0 comments:

Post a Comment