My Blogging Woes!


I know I am the worlds worst blogger lately, and to be honest, it hurts my soul.
I love this blog, I love my readers, and I love having this small space on the internet to write about design. 
Things have not been the same around here since I was admitted to the hospital with Theo. The hospital drained the creative life out of me, the birth of baby Theo rocked my world a little, and the recovery was harder than I thought it would be.

Just when I thought I was ready to be a dedicated blogger again, life happend!
Oh how I wish I could be one of those bloggers that has a baby, moves, runs a business, or goes on vacation and doesn't miss a beat...but apparently that is just not me.

Some people work well under stress. I don't.
I like to plan, make lists, make lists of lists, have a perfectly organized calendar, and get things done early.
Lately, I have been functioning completely opposite, and I just can't handle it.
I need my organized self back...and I am SO hoping that I can get there soon.

In the meantime, I'm blaming my dis-organized last minute self on life.
I've got to blame it on something right?!

The past few weeks have been a little nutso around the Oakey homestead, here is what we have been up to...

1. Emory graduated pre-school. Hold on, I thought I just gave birth to her?
2. We sold our condo, packed it up, handed over the keys, and moved out of state.


3. We drove 7 hours (should have been 5...thanks screaming Theo) to Boise Idaho and moved all our stuff into a storage unit. We are officially homeless.


4. We stayed one night in Boise, got back in the car and drove 7 more hours to Spokane Washington.
Theo officially wins the award for the worlds worst traveling baby. I spent the majority of the trip crammed in the back (where I definitly did not fit), and my toes were numb most of the time. 


5. A couple of hours in the hotel pool, stretching on the bed, a good nights rest and we were back on the road.


6. 5 hours later, we arrived at our destination...my parents cabin in Montana. The trip was a little rough, but we are still married and both children are alive and well, so I will consider it a success.

We will be living here for the majority of June. This place is a little slice of heaven and exactly what we need before Zack starts residency.


7. We have only been here for 6 days and are soaking up every minute. Milkshakes at the town diner are a must.


8. Em has already spent more time with her dad then she has in the last 4 years. Cue the tears, my heart can't take it.


9. We have stopped doing our hair, only bbq, and eat my favorite summer salad every night. This is standard cabin protocol in my mind.

(spinach, mixed greens, cucumber, craisons, feta, sunflower seeds, strawberries, and poppy seed dressing)

 10. We have all loved watching Theo experience new things. His first hot tub, dip in the pool, and rice cereal to name a few. We all adore this little guy.


I wish I could slow this time down. When will we ever get 3 weeks to hang out just the 4 of us again? Probably never.

So please bear with me. I am SO excited to get back to blogging. I've got big plans in the works for my our new rental. I can't wait to get working on it and transform it's bland standard builder self into something great--and of course while being budget friendly too!

So hang around would ya? I would sure like that.



0 comments:

Post a Comment