World Prematurity Day


Everyday I think of how lucky I am to have my little miracle.
Emory was born at 24 weeks and weighed 1 pound 9 ounces.


She spent 96 days in the NICU.
I got to hold her for the first time when she was 27 days old.
It was a long 27 days.


She had one heart surgery, a couple scares of infections, and loved to hold her breath until she turned purple! 


After three long months in the NICU, she came home on oxygen.
She remained on oxygen until she was 8 months old.


And thankfully she has only been admitted to the hospital one time since we left!


She is now in perfect health with no outstanding complications.
Thank goodness for all the doctors, nurses, amazing medical technology, and lots of prayers.
We owe everything to them.

Today I will be wearing purple in honor of all the babies born too soon, you should too :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment