DIY Shell Art


Last week as I was blog surfing, I came across this familiar DIY art project on Always Swell.
I love they way her shell art turned out.


{Image via Always Swell}

I am actually dying to see the rest of her home, all that white gets me excited.


{Image via Always Swell}

Anyways, her shell art reminded me of a similar DIY project I did in a clients room this year.
I don't think I have shared the details with you before.
All I did was purchase two Ikea frames, blue card stock, and starfish from Hobby lobby.


Then I glued the starfish to the cardstock.
Once the starfish was glued onto cardstock, I glued the cardstock to the wood back that comes with the frame.


It was super easy and I love how it looks.
Here is the cost breakdown:

Ikea frame: $20.00
Cardstock: $.50
Starfish: $3.00

Total: $23.50

Not bad for "custom" art!
Have you ever tried something similar?

0 comments:

Post a Comment