A Little Help?


I finally did it, I started painting my faux bamboo chairs!
You can read all about my lucky find here.
This project has been on my mind forever but I have been hesitant to start because I wasn't confident in my direction.
I decided to paint them white, kinda boring I know but I want to keep them versatile.
I am using Rustoleums oil based high gloss paint, like I did with my desk.
I love the sheen and durability of the paint.


I was hoping they would only need one coat.
Man, that was a silly thought, I think they will need three, boo!
All of those spindles are killing me, it was at this point in the project that I contemplated throwing the chair off the balcony. 


Such.a.pain.
I pushed through the torture  and got one coat done.



Since the paint requires 24 hours of drying time in-between coats,  I haven't had the chance (or found the motivation) to slap on the second coat.
 Did I mention I have 4 of these chairs? 
Although it is a pain-in-my-rear, I am loving the white.

Now I have to make the next big decision, what fabric for the cushion?
I thought you could help me with that.
 I am drooling over Caitlin Wilsons new fabric line and have my eye on a couple of the prints.
So let's hear your vote!










I think I know my favorite but I would love to hear what you think.
Thanks :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment