Baby News!


If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know my big news!
We are so excited to be expanding our family, with a little one expected to arrive in January.



Unfortunately, having children is not always so simple. I have many friends who deal with infertility and others who can't seem to stay pregnant, either way it is so hard. Although this blog is mainly focused on design, I plan on sharing this journey with you as it will be a big part of my life for the next 6 months!

Let me start with our story...

As most of you know, Emory was born at 24 weeks. After her delivery, I was unsure about ever getting pregnant again. The reasons for her early arrival are unknown. When she was about 2 years old, I started to research my options. I met with high-risk obstetricians, had an MRI, blood work, and lots of conversations about my options. After getting all the results back, we decided that pregnancy WAS an option for me.

 Since getting pregnant with Emory was unplanned (oops!), I thought it would happen quick. We started trying about 9 month later. Things went well, and I was pregnant within 3 months. We were so excited/nervous/scared/happy! My pregnancy was complicated from the very beginning with lots of spotting, cramping, and ultrasounds. After a long 10 weeks, we lost the baby.

Although I was devastated, we started trying again right away. Things just weren't happening as I had "planned" and I was not getting pregnant. 8 months, 9 months, 10 months passed and nothing.   Finally, on month 13, we were pregnant! I have many friends who have been trying for years and my heart breaks for them. I was able to get a small glimpse into what it feels like, and it is not easy.

I am now 12 weeks pregnant and thrilled! I wish I could say the hard part is over, but for me it is just beginning. My main goal, keep this baby in! This requires me to take some not-so-fun drugs including blood thinner injections in my belly twice a day. I wish I could say they are no big deal, but I'm not going to lie, I don't like them! I'm not typically squeamish around needles, maybe it's because I give them to myself?


The best part, if I don't get the needle in just right, I get a pretty little bruise or blood clot. My stomach is a site to be seen!

I am also taking some extra progesterone which has made me a little nauseous at nights. For some reason looking at the computer makes it worse. (hence my lack of blogging lately, you will have to be patient with me until I can get these hormones under control!). 

So far the plan is to keep doing these drugs, have ultrasounds every 2 weeks to check my cervix, and deliver via c-section at 36 weeks. My last c-section was a classical (they cut the uterus vertically) so delivering at 36 weeks is a must.

I'm hoping to avoid hospitalization, bed rest, and a premature delivery...fingers (and legs) crossed!

What have I learned so far? Throw your plans out the window, it probably won't happen exactly how you want it to, and that is ok! 

For now we are thrilled at the possibility of adding a sweet little one to our family. It's been over 4 years  since we have had a newborn in our home and we can't wait!

I plan on filling you in on our little journey, hopefully with all good news :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment