Project DIY Kitchen Makeover!


On Thursday I am heading to Calgary to help my sister with her DIY kitchen renovation.
She bought her house about 3 years ago and hasn't had a chance to touch the kitchen yet.
It is spec home built with standard finishes, nothing is super fancy!

Her kitchen is crying for some personality, contrast, and interest.


The Plan:

- Paint the upper cabinets white and the lower cabinets grey.
-Add trim and baseboards to the island
-Add crown molding to the top of cabinets
-Add subway tile backsplash
-Add a pantry door

Since they are trying to keep this makeover under $500.00 they are doing all the work themselves.
They have already started adding the trim and baseboards to the island.
How great does that look already?


Thanks to blogs, I am regularly inspired by DIY kitchen makeovers.
Holly's kitchen is one of my favorite makeovers, the before and afters blow my mind.


Of course I am a big fan of white cabinets, especially with those yummy grey walls.

 {images via Nothing But Bonfires}

And who doesn't just adore The Lettered Cottage's kitchen makeover?!


We definitely used this kitchen makeover as inspiration for my sisters. 
Notice the white uppers and grey lowers?
Oh, and the addition of the crown molding?


When we first moved into our condo, I painted all my kitchen cabinets.
It sure is a lot of work, but is so worth it!

Have you ever tried painting your own cabinets?



0 comments:

Post a Comment