$400.00 Kitchen Renovation!


I am so excited to share the after pictures from my sisters $400.00 kitchen renovation.
We started it together this summer while I was visiting Calgary, and she finally sent me pictures of it complete!

In order to keep the costs down, they completed all the work themselves. 
 I think they did such an amazing job!


Here is the kitchen before.
It was missing a broken pantry door and really lacked character.


In order to add some contrast and interest to the space we painted the cabinets, added trim to the island, added a large crown moulding to the top of the upper cabinets, and finally got the pantry door fixed!


The countertops, backsplash, wall color, and flooring all remained the same.


As you can see on the island, her husband simply added moulding to the base and framed it out with trim.
An inexpensive builder grade island now looks custom.


I think the added crown moulding to the upper cabinets transforms the kitchen and makes it feel so much larger.
She also changed out the broken glass on her original pantry door for a chalkboard. I love how it helps tie in her black appliances.

Here is the approximate breakdown of cost:

Paint: $120.00
Moulding: $120.00
Pantry Door: $60.00
Shelving: $50.00
Shelving accessories: $50.00


I still can't believe it only cost $400.00.
What an amazing transformation.



0 comments:

Post a Comment