Thankful!


Honestly, I can't think of a better place to celebrate Thanksgiving than the hospital. Obviously I would rather be stuffing my face with my mother-in-laws flawlessly delicious spread she always prepares, but with the chaos/fun of the holiday I typically forget to be thankful.

This year I have nothing but time to think, and wow...I am one lucky girl.

On Wednesday at my bed rest lunch-in we made Give Thanks pillows. While doing so, I got the chance to meet 2 new bed rest moms. We shared our stories, swapped tips on what's good to eat, discussed our experiences with the doctors, talked about the NICU, and had such a great time. I know I have said this before, but it continually amazes me what some woman are willing to do for their babies. Many of them are hours away from home, left several kids behind, and spend hours everyday being poked and monitored to make sure the babies are safe. Now that is a Mothers love.

Last week, I had a mom who did bed rest with twins 4 years ago come and visit me.  She brought a care package packed full of the sweetest items to help me get through the next few weeks. One of the gifts was this "I Can" necklace.


I was so touched by her thoughtfulness and kindness. Although I am Thankful for so many things, this year I want to focus on those special people that are willing to to go that extra mile make a difference in someones life, even if it is a complete stranger.

Since being admitted, many of the hospital staff have gone above and beyond to make me comfortable and happy. 

What would I do without Millie who brings my meals 3 times a day and never makes a mistake? Or Milka who I can count on everyday to perfectly clean my room, mop my floor, and have a smile on her face the whole time? I can't forget about Nurse Nona who took an hour out of her day to teach me how to crochet, or Dr. Weber who patiently dealt with me all night long while I passed my kidney stone.

The list could go on and on, but ultimately, I realize I am so lucky.

So go and do something nice for someone today, even the small things do make a difference.

Happy Thanksgiving!



0 comments:

Post a Comment